Well I am still in Oz, and now the flying monkeys have been unleashed. Seems this brick road has more twists and turns than originally believed, and I am not nearly as far along as I thought. Walk with me? We are entering the dark forest...and these monkeys hurt me. Some hurt my feelings, some pick me up and drop me off in very uncomfortable places, and others just like torturing me...


Memory Quilt

I called the lady who is going to turn the 40 or so t-shirts I have boxed up into a quilt. Anyone who knew Tim will remember his love for a good comfy t-shirt, and he was most comfortable in one. He had work ones, Disney ones, the beer ones (aka free ones), the volunteer event crew ones, and concert/theatre ones from our trips and adventures. He also had one that pre-dated me - his Leahy one. Yes, that is not a typo. A Leahy one. Its tattered, it has holes, its faded, and it will be at the centre of the quilt. I thought I was.ready to have them be carefully crafted into this King sized quilt. I am not so sure anymore. If they get cut up I can't snuggle into them ever again. When I have a meltdown and want to feel his arms around me and get lost in the smell of him I can't. But then again that's the point of the quilt. So I can wherever or whenever I can have him around. I can remember the places we went, the events we got to see, and the amazing times we had spread over our 7 years. Am I ready - no I never will be ready. But I think its time. I meet her next week to talk about patterns, fabrics, and styles. We should have been decorating our house and picking fabrics for our drapes. Nope I am not ready for this. But its here and I have to face it. He is never going to walk in our front door and hold me in his arms. I will have to be content with wrapping his favourite things around me, closing my eyes, and feeling his breath on my neck. Forever.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Testing....


About Me

My photo
I had the whole world, the love of my life, and my future, and it all died in my arms on December 16, 2007. I too died that day. What you now see is just an empty shell of the woman I was, and was to be. Am learning to be in the present, while holding on to and protecting my past, and carefully trekking towards an unknown future.